The school bell has rung, class is now in session.
Abraham received five significant promises from God:
- Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
- I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you.
- I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
- I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse.
- All people on earth will be blessed through you. – Genesis 12:1-3
Abraham was 75 years of age when God told him these promises, but as the years passed, Abraham began to wonder if he ever would be a “father”. He and his wife Sarah were getting older and knew it could become more difficult to have children.
Sarah decided to go ahead of God by arranging for her handmaiden to become a surrogate. Isaac was born from the union. Eventually, God’s promise to Abraham and Sarah came to past and they became parents to Jacob, the promised seed.
Jacob was the one God said would come, but they did not believe it at first. He became the father of the Hebrew Nation, and was extremely blessed.
Do not go ahead of what God has promised you. It will be tempting to try and find your own solutions to your problems, but if He has promised you something, be patient, He will bring it to past.
Creating your own solutions will never be as good as the God’s solutions for you.
Be patient. If Abraham waited, he would have received his promise in a timely manner.
P.S. God’s timing is not our timing.
The school bell has rung, class is dismissed!